School Hours - (Monday to Friday)
Nursery to Sr. K.G. - 1.30 p.m. to 4.30 p.m.
Std. I & IV - 1.30 p.m. to 5.30 p.m.
Std. V to XII - (Monday to Saturday)
7.05 a.m. to 12.45 p.m.
All school work will be attended to - 8.00 a.m. to 4.00 p.m.
during the office hours
Fees Collection - 9.00 a.m. to 12.00 p.m.
(Monday to Friday Only)
Principalís Office Hours - 12 noon to 2.p.m
The school endeavours to inculcate among the students the sublime elements of our culture & civilization. Stress is laid on universal aspect of Indian culture & students are introduced to performing havans on every Thursday (Std. III onwards )
A working day at the school commences with the assembly, resonant with the Vedic mantras. The School choir lends its grace & solemnity by singing devotional & patriotic songs. Short talks are given on variety of subjects such as hygienic habits, good manners, social service, great lives & important happenings. In order to instill confidence, develop expression & to ward off fear of public speaking, opportunities are given to students to express themselves during the assembly.
1. For availing Bus facility parents have to fill the Bus Registration Form.
2. Kindly obtain Bus Pass before you leave the counter.
3. For every registration, bus fees shall be payable for eleven months.
4. In case of cancellation of bus facility for whatsoever reason, bus fee shall not be refunded.
5. In case of any mechanical failure, parents have to make their own arrangement for pick / drop from the point.
6. Bus staff (Driver / Cleaner) should be treated cordially. Parents are requested not to board the bus under any circumstances. In case of regular delay in arrival /departure or for other transport related problems, communication in writing should be sent to Transport In-charge. Such communications can also be sent through e-mails. (The school e-mail , address is firstname.lastname@example.org/ email@example.com) giving full particulars of the bus no., route no, stop name, childís name std. and parents name. No direct communication in these matters with the bus staff should be made.
7. Steps shall be taken to ensure punctuality during arrival / departure of the buses at respective stops. However, for reasons beyond oneís control the school shall not be responsible for the delay.
8. Bus timing will be strictly adhered to. In case of regular delay in arrival / departure or for other transport related problems, communication in writing should be sent to the person in- charge of Transport. No direct communication in these matters with the bus staff should be made.
9. Students are advised to reach to their respective stops at least 5 minutes before the scheduled time to avoid any inconvenience. In case the bus leaves the stop on scheduled time , parents have to make their own arrangements to drop their wards at the school and in such cases, necessary information regarding the arrival of the child at school should be given to Security of Gate No. 1/ the person in charge of Transport.
10. Safety and the security of the children during traveling are our concerns. The children (specially of Pre-Primary section & Primary section) shall be brought back to school, if the parents / representative are not found present at the stops. In such cases, parents have to collect their wards from the school through their own arrangements.
11. Authority-cum-information letter with full details regarding the representative authorized to pick up the child from the school / stop should be submitted to the school. It is in the interest of your childís safety.
12. Since the hike in diesel price is unpredictable as such, in case of major hike in diesel price (amounting to a total of more than Rs. 5/-) the bus charges shall be hiked with retrospective from the date of such increase.
13. While deciding the routes, steps have been taken to cover maximum area / pickup points. Therefore, the buses will ply on the listed routes only. No request shall be made for deviating the buses from the existing routes.
14. Change of address with definite proof shall be intimated immediately.
15. Child should carry the bus pass everyday to avoid any inconvenience.
16. Bus facility may be withdrawn in case of :
a. Breach of these Terms & Conditions.
b. Involvement of the child / parent in any act of indiscipline during its traveling in the school bus.
N.B : 1) The RTO has sent a notice to all Educational Institutions regarding restriction on commercial use of private cars, vans, jeeps and sumos for carrying school students. The authorities have proposal strict penalty including impounding the vehicle. The school shall not be responsible for any action taken by the authorities on these vehicles and subsequent inconvenience caused to the children during the course of their commuting in these Private Vehicle.
2) In view of the circular issued by the Regional Transport Office, it is to convey to you that the private vehicles, which are registered with RTO to carry passengers, should only be engaged for transportation of your wards. The seating capacity in case of children should not be more than 1.5 times the no. of seats registered at RTO. Also ensure that the vehicles are not fitted with CNG & LPG kits from unauthorized agencies. The vehicle should be regularly serviced at authorized service stations.
UNIFORM AND HYGIENE
1. Students should come to school in clean, ironed uniform with identity card issued by the school only. Belt, Black shoes, Canvas shoes (on the days mentioned for PT) should be regularly polished & well maintained. White socks should be clean.
2. No sandals or slippers or sports shoes other than those specified by the school should be worn by the students even during the rainy season.
NURSERY to Sr. KG
Girls : Cream shirt and Orange skirt , Black Shoes , White socks with
Orange stripes & White hair band
Boys : Cream shirt, Orange shorts, black shoes, White socks with
Std I to Std. IV
Girls : White shirt with monogram, Black skirt , black shoes , white
socks with grey stripes, belt and white hair band / ribbon.
PT Uniform : White divided skirt, house tee-shirt, white canvas shoes , white
ribbon / hair Band , house belt.
Boys : White shirt with monogram, Black shorts, Black shoes and belt.
PT Uniform : White shorts , house tee-shirt, white canvas shoes, house belt
V & XII
Boys : White shirt with monogram, Black full pants, black tie with
white stripes, belt , white socks with grey stripes and flat black
Girls : Black skirt , white shirt with monogram , black tie with white
stripes, belt, white socks with grey stripes, white ribbon / hair
band , flat black shoes.
Boys : White full pants, , house tee-shirt, white canvas shoes, house belt.
Girls : White divided skirt, house tee-shirt , white canvas shoes, white
ribbon/ hair band, house belt.
v Black sandals should be worn during rainy season only. (June to September)
v Students found in untidy uniform, long hair & dirty finger nails will be viewed seriously.
v Girls should have their hair plaited neatly. Girls with short hair should wear a white hair band.
v Students should carry a handkerchief, napkin & a spoon with their lunch.
v Trendy hairstyles and hair dying are not allowed.
PUNCTUALITY AND ATTENDANCE
1. Students are expected to be in the school 5 minute before the school timings to enable them to participate in school assembly .
2. To avoid late coming, students coming late for any reason to school for more than three days in a month will be sent back home.
3. Attendance on the re-opening day of the school after summer vacation, Diwali holidays is compulsory.
4. Students absenting themselves for more than 10 days without prior information / written permission from the principal will have to pay readmission charge of Rs. 250/ on the day of joining. Those absent because of sickness must submit a medical certificate.
5. Attendance is compulsory on all official school functions like annual day, sports day etc. Absentees will be required to produce a letter of explanation from the parent.
1. Leave is to be applied only on the printed form available in the diary.
2. No student shall absent himself / herself without leave previously sanctioned from the class teacher & Principal except in unforeseen circumstances.
3. No student who is absent on the previous day will be admitted to the class without a leave letter from the parent, addressed to the class teacher stating the reason.
4. In case leave is asked for any reason of sickness for more than 3 days, a medical certificate must be submitted on resuming classes.
5. Students suffering from contagious disease should not attend the school & should apply for leave. Medical fitness certificate should be produced at the time of resuming classes.
6. Students will not be permitted to go home during school hours. Parents are requested not to make any social engagement or medical appointment during school hours. To ensure better discipline, parents are requested not to send their children to school on the day they have such appointments .
7. Leave for special reasons other than sickness is required to be obtained in advance by the parent from the Principal only.
1. Pupils are responsible to the school authorities for their conduct outside and inside the classroom. Hence any act of indiscipline, insubordination and disrespect towards teachers & members of the staff will be dealt with severely and will attract action which may result to expulsion of child from the school.
2. In all matters pertaining to discipline and other rules to be framed from time to time, the authority rests with the Principal. The Principalís decision shall be final and binding.
3. Each and every boy or girl should endeavour to keep up the high tone of the school by excelling in good manners and deportment. Hence, no student is allowed to bring into school any object liable to prove a source of disturbance e.g. sharp instruments, harmful materials, comics, objectionable literature etc.
4. Only English should be spoken in school premises.
5. All should be careful not to throw any paper etc. anywhere in the school premises. The baskets and bins, especially provided for the purpose should be utilized.
6. Once the pupil enters the school, loud conversation and shouting shall considered on act of nuisance indiscipline & disrespect.
7. Students are expected to assemble for prayer at the assigned time. After the assembly students should go to their respective classes in order and strict discipline.
8. Students should not move from their seats in the classrooms unless and until they are directed by the concerned teachers.
9. No student is allowed to sit in the teacherís seat. Chalk board should not be used for any kind of writing or drawing without permission.
10. During absence of the teacher from the class, students must obey the Monitor appointed to maintain discipline.
11. Any kind of electronic gadgets like mobile phone , i pod, palmtops , digital camera etc. are strictly not allowed to be brought and used within the school premises. If any student is found in possession of any of these gadgets, it will be confiscated.
12. No child should leave the school premises without the permission of the Principal.
13. The school cannot be held responsible for accidents minor or serious on account of studentís indiscipline or disobedience during school hours or during excursions.
1. Upto Std. IV Home work shall be in form of projects / activities to enhance learning.
2. From Std. V onwards Home Work will be of two types.
a) Home Assignments
The purpose of Home Assignments is to test studentís alertness in class, comprehension & application. This may require parentís assistance though teachers discuss & train students for the same. Home assignments will be corrected by the teacher.
Worksheet is given to make the students go beyond textbooks and to strengthen the skill of application further. All worksheets should be properly maintained in a file. Parents may help their ward in completing the worksheets.
ASSESSMENT AND PROMOTION
Evaluation means comprehensive and continuous assessment. The main purpose of evaluation is to obtain systematic information to understand whether the intended learning has been achieved. D.A.V. Airoli believes that evaluation method should be guidelines indicating childís growth. It helps the child to optimize his potential and encourages every child to do his best. Learning here is not restricted only to academic areas , but also extends to personal and social qualities , interests, attitudes and physical skills.
Hence an overall comprehensive evaluation method is adopted.
1. Classes from Nursery to Sr.Kg Std. IV have 4 Assessment Tests of 25 marks each of Orals as well as Written.Students are evaluated on the basis of skills of recitation, conversation.narration, dictation.For Maths, evaluation is on the basis of memory, recognition and conceptual clarity.
2. Classes from I to IV have 4 assessment tests of 50 marks each. Written test is of 40 marks along with 10 marks assigned for orals, projects and mental math. However evaluation is graded according to the percentage of the child.
3. From Std. V to X assessment is of two types, namely, formative and summative.
4. Formative assessments are diagnostic is nature and are carried out over a period of time. The tools of assessment may include pen-paper tests, projects, quizzes , activities to test speaking & listening skills etc. Two such assessments are conducted in each term.
5. Summative assessments are conducted at the end of each term. These are pen-paper tests which may include objective as well as descriptive type questions.
6. For classes XI and XII, students are assessed through term end examinations, class tests and practical examinations.
7. Assessment is carried out once in each term in co-scholastic areas on the basis of childís response in the class, achievements etc.
8. No child who is sick or medically unfit will be allowed to take any test or examination.
9. Pupils who are absent for the Terminal Examination for any reason other than sickness justified by Doctorís Certificate will not be considered for consolidated result and rank.
10. In case a pupil is absent in a subject or an examination he/she will not be re-examined under any circumstances. In such case promotion of the deserving pupil will be decided on the strength of the examinations they have appeared for and the yearís work.
11. Decision of the Principal in all matters of promotion will be final and binding.
12. D.A.V. Education Board conducts All India Annual Examination for students of class XI.
PARTICIPATION IN GAMES
Every student is expected to take part in all the games & physical exercises unless declared medically unfit by a doctor, for which the medical certificate has to be submitted to the Principal.
1. Railway concession is given for the Summer Vacation & Diwali Vacation only & to those students who are going to their hometown.
2. Request for railway concession form must be made in writing 110 days before the last working day of the school on the prescribed perform as enclosed.
3. The railway concession form will be issued after 7 working days of the receipt of the application .
Students should opt for the membership in any one club which aims at providing a platform to pursue their skills of interest. These clubs organize activities during zero period that enhance the childís talents.
The whole school community is divided into six houses christened as names of planets.
Inter House Competitions aim at tapping the latent faculty of students along with evoking a holistic development of their Self. They augur fostering wholesome traits in their person and assent collective effort as ideal to yield success. The events are incorporated in the schedule as House Activity periods to be conducted on first and third Saturday of every month.
The activities offered are varied inducing potential en route for unfettered expression of their perceptions. Debate, Elocution , Handwriting , Poster making, Singing, Dancing, Rangoli, Board Display etc. are the rungs of this ladder.
D.A.V. Airoli, firmly adheres to the principle of ďUnison leads to Progression, which in turn makes headway for Triumph of WholeĒ. Members of the Students Council shall be selected from among the higher class students; Interview shall be conducted by the panel consisting of the Principal, Coordinators & the Teachers, Each house is under the care & guidance of a house master/ mistress & an assistants house master/ mistress
A child looks forward to celebrate his birthday every year. Students like to share sweets with their friends, teachers in the school. To instill philanthropic tendencies & sharing it is worthy of highest appreciation if the child could donate books (old/new) to the school library, plant sapling, donating the money for social cause like sponsoring the tuition fee of a under privileged child, donation to old age home etc. instead of distributing chocolates / sweets. Students involved in such social cause would be honoured in the school assembly.
The school lays great emphasis on physical fitness of students and tries to provide facilities for games , sports and recreational activities for all. The programme includes rhythmic exercises, athletics, yoga , drills and sports and games (major and minor) like hockey , football, cricket, volleyball, basketball, badminton, , chess, kho-kho and table-tennis. Inter class and inter-house competitions are conducted as per schedule. Special coaches impart quality training.
GUIDELINES FOR STUDENTS
1. Be regular and punctual. Ensure that you reach school in time.
2. Attend school in proper, smart and neat uniform.
3. Do not leave class without an out pass.
4. Take care of school property and ensure that desks /furniture/ walls etc. are not scratched or damaged.
5. Lending / borrowing money or other articles is not permitted. Do not wear or bring expensive items to school.
6. In case a student is required to overstay after school hours for further elucidation on subject matter /sports etc. proper prior permission in writing should be taken from the Supervisory Head on an application from the parent.
7. Library books will be thoroughly checked before issue/ return. Any damage / loss should be paid by the borrower.
8. Due respect should be shown to perfects, class monitors and volunteer students on duty.
9. Any movements to the playground / SUPW / activity / library should be orderly and in a queue.
10. Shouting / writing or indulging in unruly behaviour in the school premises is forbidden. Kindly help in maintaining cleanliness and throw litter / papers etc. in the dust bin.
11. Facilities of canteen / book shop may be utilized only during recess, before or after school hours.
12. School bus users should behave in a disciplined and orderly manner and should not throw anything inside or outside the bus. In case any seat/ seat cover etc. is torn or damaged the cost will be recovered from the defaulter.
GUIDELINES FOR PARENTS
Parent-Teacher cooperation is essential to ensure complete and harmonious development of the childís personality. Kindly help us in ensuring the following:
1. The diary should be carried to school daily and regularly be countersigned.
2. The students should be dropped at the school gate in time. Please do not enter the classrooms or meet teachers during teaching learning process.
3. Prior appointments with the teacher in-charge may be sought to discuss the problems of your ward.
4. No short leave / half day leave is allowed . Do not make social engagements or medical appointments for your ward during working hours.
5. Any change of address / telephone number should be notified immediately .
6. Ensure that your ward makes up for work missed by him/ her during absence / leave, with the guidance of the teachers.
7. Ensure prompt follow up of medical report sent by the school.
8. Do inform the class teacher , Head of the institution and school doctor in case your ward suffers from any specific disease, allergy or has undergone operation / is under medication.
9. Ensure that the child maintains personal hygiene, sleeps for 8 hours daily, has a nutritionally rich diet and avoid consumption of ice-creams, junk food, cold-drinks and eatables from road side vendors.
10. Prior appointment with the Principal may be sought other than the timings mentioned.
Timings to meet the Principal
12 p.m. to 2.00 p.m.
11. Timing to meet the Teachers
Std. V to XII - 1.00 p.m. to 2.00 p.m. (except holidays)
Pre-primary & Std. I & IV ĖSaturday 10.00 a.m. to 1.00 p.m. (except holidays)
Ensure that you take prior appointment of the teacher through diary.
Send mail to
questions or comments about this web site.